A beautiful bouquet including roses, trachelium, calla lilies and mixed foliage arranged in a handtied style and delivered in water with complimentary packaging.
Medium Bouquet Pink
Caring for your flowers:
1) Place your bouquet in a clean vase; take your flowers out of their packaging and place them in a vase filled with clean water as the stems need to be hydrated.
2) Feed your flowers; Tamzyn Angela have provided flower food with your bouquet, which basically contains all the extra nutrients and minerals that flowers need to stay healthy. Just place it into the vase of water straight from the sachet. Flower food can increase the lifespan of your flowers by up to 60% If you run out of flower food, you can add a little sterilising fluid into the water, this will slow the growth of bacteria and algae.
3) Water your flowers; fill ⅔ of the vase with cold tap water and remember to change the water every day as any bacteria or dirt present can reduce the lifespan of your flowers.
4) Cut stems, lengthen life; Cut each stem at a 45 degree angle and repeat daily. Flower stems will decay, cutting off the bottom of your flowers keeps them hydrated, increases their surface area in which water is absorbed and lengthens their lifespan.
5) Remove the lower leaves; Remove all the lower leaves, especially if they’re in the water, as leaves decay much quicker underwater than they do above. Decaying leaves will emit bacteria that could destroy your flowers.
6) Remove wilting flowers; Flowers bloom and wilt at different times so when you see a flower has wilted, remove it quickly, this will avoid spreading bacteria to the other flowers. When you remove a wilting flower, you give the other flowers a chance to live longer.
7) Keep your flowers away from direct sunlight; Heat will cause flowers to decay so it’s best to keep them in a cool environment, like an air-conditioned room. Also, fruits and flowers may sound like they go together but fruits actually emit a type of gas when they’re ripening, which may cause your flowers to spoil. So keep flowers away from fruits.
That’s all you need to know about keeping flowers fresh and alive. Flowers are very much “in the moment” creations, so enjoy their beauty while it lasts and remember them for a lifetime.